Monday, June 1, 2009

The Island of Mykonos

Mykonos, 6:30pm -

Sorry I didn't write the last couple days. Connecting to the internet here has been a bit more difficult.

Mykonos has been great. It was only a 30 minute flight from Athens and a ten minute bus ride to the hotel (Petasos). Our accomodations are amazing. We have two rooms that are connected with our own private pool that looks out over the water! The weather has been very nice. Warm to hot and usually mostly clear with a slight breaze. Parked (I guess anchored would be more accurate) behind our unit are several very large private boats. Cruising from island to island at their leisure, I suppose. Last night we went into Mykonos Town for dinner and watched the sunset. Even though its out of season, I could still tell that Mykonos would be a crazy place to be during the high season. Lots of people around my age going into town for the night as we were leaving around 11pm. Alison joined us early this morning and we walked to a beach by our hotel called Psarous (I think). The beach was fine, but the beach club behind it kind of had a beautiful-people type vibe and I'm sure it's a hot place to see and be seen during the high season. We're getting ready to go into Mykonos Town again tonight (only a ten minute bus ride), so Ali can see it and to get some dinner. I'll try to post a picture in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment