Monday, May 25, 2009

Host Family/Travel Itinerary

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I found out who my host family is. Their names are Jutta and Juergen Schenkel and I am told they are very experienced host family. I received a short email from them introducing themselves and asking for my arrival information. The university in Berlin is just southwest of the city and from what I can tell the Schenkels live just southwest of the university. It's hard for me to judge the distances/times from the map, but I would guess they're about 15-20 minutes from campus and 45 minutes from the city center.

The program in which I'm participating in Germany is called FUBiS-Programm. FUBiS is an acronym for Freie Universität Berlin internationaler Sommer, which means Free University of Berlin international summer. The program runs six weeks from 6/7-7-17.

Here's a rough itinerary for my entire travels:
5/27 - Depart Denver (layovers in DC and Munich)
5/28 - Arrive in Athens
5/28-6/5 - Tour Athens and the islands of Mykonos and Santorini
6/6 - Depart Athens
Arrive in Berlin ~11:00am
6/7 - FUBiS program orientation
6/8 - First day of class
6/20 - Weekend Trip to Hamburg
7/3 - Weekend Trip to Weimar
7/17 - End of FUBiS
7/18 - Travel to Munich where I'll meet up with Kevin
7/18-7/19 - Munich, Germany
7/20-7-21 - Paris, France
7/22-7/23 - Brussels, Belgium
7/24-7/25 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
7/26 - Depart Amsterdam for the USA
(5.5 hr layover in Chicago)
Arrive in Denver ~7:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment